Summer Updates!


It's been awhile since I posted on this blog--summer is moving along, with some very hot and very pleasant days.  Dad is hanging is there, still enjoying his oatmeal and occasional visits from his dog Foxx, who lives with my sister these days.

One exciting development is that I'll be teaching a pottery wheel-throwing class in the fall!  Nice that after a 30+ year break in studio pottery, that I've been able to dive back into the  process!  

Also, far from being retired, I now have two part-time jobs:  cheesemaking and pottery instructor, in addition to taking care of Dad!

In preparation for the class, I reclaimed my vintage Brent pottery wheel from long-term loan at my niece's, and set up a basic work space in one of the outbuildings.  



As an inaugural project, I threw a batch of tiny pitchers--  They are multipurpose:  individual cream or syrup pitchers, hanging ornaments, or even shot glasses! 


The "boathouse" with my Dad's steam launch The Wind in the Willows

 I scavenged a small kiln from my brother-in-law, and I'll test it out soon!