All my pets…

 Let’s start with the obvious ones:



This is Juniper, who we recently discovered was not a Plott Hound, as we had thought, but 75% Coon Hound.  (She does have 20% Plott, though…)

Then there is:



My second round of chicks are growing nicely!  They live a sheltered life in the basement until my deluxe chicken tractor is completed—hopefully this week!  The large one is the sole survivor of my first round of chicks…


Then on to my other pets:



My veg and herb garden!  It’s squeezed around the pool area, mostly because it’s a fenced location.  Sunlight is at a premium here with mature forest surrounding the house.


My pet orchard:



Sadly, there seems to be a lot more to do than just stick the trees in the ground, 
but I’m learning!


And of course my pet cheeses:





Ditto, here! A lot more maintenance even after initially forming the cheese!


My pet compost:


The compost action has gone into overdrive now that I’m adding the 
bedding straw from the chickens.  It’s positively steamy!!!


In the last couple weeks, I've acquired two new pets:  
Sourdough starter…

 


There's more to sourdough than just crusty loaves!


and the Swimming Pool!






The pool had been closed for several years, so opening it up and getting it swimmable was a task in itself.  Now it requires regular management, just like all my other pets...


...and I'm not even including my dad on the "pet" list, though I manage his daily routine, which includes daily doses of poetry and golden-oldie singalongs!