Lattes with Lambs!

The Accokkek Foundation at National Colonial Farm held a successful "Lattes with Lambs" 
event today despite some brief rain showers.

It was a fun way to spend a few hours 
away from the house!


 
The Accokeek Artists Alliance, which I joined recently, had a booth selling art, pottery, jewelry, and more.  I sold a few of my sketches of dogs and farm animals--Wahoo!

Kids got to help this little papier maché lamb grow a woolly coat.

There was an art show in the main building featuring the art inspired by the farm and the heritage breeds that live here.


My friend Amy from P. A. Bowen Farm showcased their award-winning raw-milk cheeses--that's where I get the milk fresh from the cow for my current cheesemaking obsession.

I was lucky to be first in line for a lovely latte from Perks & Parks

 
There were hands-on activities and demonstrations featuring traditional crafts.


Thank you, everyone who stopped by the booth!

Sir Nigel, pictured on the right, is the inspiration for this annual event...!