Tuesday night orchestra



Tuesday is my “day off.”
One reason I picked Tuesdays is my community orchestra’s rehearsal night!

When my kids started playing string instruments in elementary school, one picked viola, the other picked violin.  That’s when I started learning to play cello, having idyllic visions of the three of us happily playing together in a string trio….

Well, that did happened occasionally, but not very often! But we all stuck to playing for the most part when time and circumstances allowed.  To make a long story short, I eventually joined our local community orchestra...actually, at one point I was playing in four different orchestras (but that didn't last long!)

Moving back to Maryland, a priority was finding an orchestra that was not too much of a stickler about membership.  I've gotten pretty good on the cello, but not THAT good!  I was spoiled in New Jersey, where every other town seemed to have its own group--I never had to drive more than 10 miles for rehearsals...


Down here, there is only one community orchestra for the whole of Southern Maryland, so that's where I am playing these days.  They welcomed me with no questions (and no audition, thank goodness!).  So what’s a 60+ miles round trip when it’s the only game in town ?

Our first concert comes up in a couple weeks!  https://cosmicsymphony.org